You guys, I have exactly TWO MONTHS left in my twenties. Unlike some I am actually thrilled for my thirties (many thanks Charlotte from Revenge and Jennifer Garner) and can’t wait to see what’s in store. But I still have 60 days and why not make a Bucket List?
This will probably be considered incredibly lame by many (I get a thrill with a 9PM bedtime after all) but hey, you can make your own bucket list and I’ll think it’s fabulous.
10. Run 3 miles. Laugh at the tiny number all you want. I am NOT a runner. My form, my patience, my feet…they’re all off. But everyone who commits to it ends up loving it so there must be something there. That and sometimes I’m a little jealous of Matt’s early morning runs. It charges his day and puts him in a great mood, without fail. A good workout in the morning does that for me as well but something is missing.
9. Sew A Pillow. I already own a sewing machine and I have sewn before. But I’m scared…scared of messing up or ruining fabric I love. But something tells that if I don’t get to it, the lovely fabric I have piled up will be donated by my husband to someone who is not too scared to use it.
8. Paint. My sister and I have a Groupon for a painting class that we need to use, so this is kind of an easy one. My mom just happens to be one of those incredibly talented people who can pretty much do whatever she wants. “I love this photo…let me make it a painting!” ” Need a colonial costume for 1776? I’ll take care of that!” (Yes, those happened.) I didn’t inherit this talent but I did inherit an interest in all things constructive so hey, why not.
7. Read 3 Books. One book will be spiritual. One book will be career development. One book will be a classic. None of them will be Harry Potter or Toddler 411.
6. Get the Four Generations of Howeth photo. Harry’s a super blessed babe to still have his paternal grandfather and great-grandfather living. Our shameful confession is that with life being as hectic as it’s been, we haven’t gotten to introduce the two just yet. Funny how a 4 hour drive seems just-that-much-further when you have a babe.
5. Buy Something Fabulous on Black Friday. I have no idea what but it will be fabulous and most likely impractical.
4. Knit a Blanket. Knitting I am much more comfortable with and though no expert, I could swing a blanket. I have about 10 different patterns bookmarked so, let’s do this.
3. Finish Christmas shopping in November. This should be on my list every year. But this year I have a baby turning 1, me turning 30, and Matt’s birthday all in the first week of December. I’m looking at you, Amazon, to help me make sure this one happens.
2. Create “Awkward Mommy Happy Hour.” I like this the more and more I think about it and hear positive feedback and dernit, it’s going to happen. Stay tuned, mommies…time to put on the clothes we don’t want to ruin with spit up, wear impractical shoes, and practice being non-awkward.
1. _________________. Can’t decide on this last one…gonna need some thinking and some feedback. Should it be daring and adventurous? Should it be scary and something that pushes me out of my comfort zone? Share any suggestions you’ve got!
There you have it. 90% of my Bucket List and only 60 days* to make it happen.
*This is me acknowledging that the completion of 50% of this list will be something to celebrate. Make it 20%.